Monday, February 21, 2011

Fast Food Frustration

   I've finally reached a boiling point on fast food expectations and etiquette. Sure, I might have rose colored glasses but I think its time someone explained not only what to expect at a fast food restaurant, but also how to properly partake in the experience.

I have to start with the biggest annoyance on the planet, multiple ordering through the drive thru. If you can't make it a single order, then go inside.  Not only is it a hassle for the poor sap who is ringing up your order,but you are also setting yourself up for disaster when it comes to getting the wrong food.  With each additional order placed through the drive thru, your odds of getting something messed up increases exponentially. If you aren't familiar with exponents, then know that its not looking good for you. Its really best to keep things simple.

Also, I don't understand the complaining that goes on when they do get your order wrong, or your burger has onions or whatever asinine request you've made. My stance is this, if you are to lazy to make your own damn meal or are in a hurry on the way to work, you can't really bitch about shit going wrong.  Its called fast food for a reason people.  McDonald's doesn't have a 5 second time limit on how long you should sit at the window before you get your food thrown at you to ensure accuracy.  They are in the business of herding you through in the most efficient manner possible.  Its often said you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet, well the same applies to food. You gotta fuck up a few orders to hurry the line along. Honestly, for how many people that visit a local drive thru each day, I would say the percentage of orders that are messed up is surprisingly low.  I may not have any actual evidence backing this up, but I would take my word for it, my gut tells me i'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment