Sunday, January 16, 2011

Escaping Funkotron.


Just wanted to give a shout out to Toejam & Earl, one of my favorite Sega games growing up.  While Funkotron was the home of those two crazy cats, it is also a reference to my state of mind this past week.

Whew. That is one way of putting it.

Angry Depressed Jerk would be a more accurate description really.  Suffering from gastrointestinal pain for three straight days will do that to a person, not that it really excuses my behavior.

I suppose a trophy is in order for the Beebmeister for putting up with me this week.  She's either suffers from a severe mental masochist, or just really understanding.  I haven't really decided at this point.

Escaping my funk has been great though.  I'm finally back to being my normal productive self.  Rode my bike three days this week, nothing crazy mind you, just little seven mile jaunts.  I have to find my legs and hope one day I can have a reasonable shot at making the summit to South Mountain.

I decided its time I go back to the gym as well.  Been gone for too long and I need it in my life again.  I have decided I will hike the Grand Canyon again and I want to be sure I am in tip top shape so I can set a personal record for time.  It shouldn't be hard as long as the ole knees hold up.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! I loved that game! I think hiking the Grand Canyon would be awesome. Glad you are out of your funk. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy. Hiking the Grand Canyon is fun. Really pretty when you get to walk through it instead of looking out on it. It puts a totally different scope on enormity.

    ReplyDelete