Monday, January 24, 2011

Here it goes again.

That overwhelming feeling of not being able to fulfill all of my commitments is starting to stress me out.  Its like a vicious cycle, just when I think I have it under control, it blows up in my face.

First things first though, sorry for not updating last week.  Between a weekend fling to Sin City(where I conveniently left all my money) to school starting up, I found that all of my free time to think has vanished.  I had a few small subjects I wanted to touch on, but their moment has passed.  Although, I could still say a few things about the start of the 2011 Cycling season.

Woo Hoo!!

Man I am pumped. Last weeks Tour Down Under in Australia has been pretty fun to watch. While I still have the final two stages to watch on my dvr, I have been impressed so far.  Its definitely not the Tour De France, but it has its moments.  My only complaint is the lack of coverage it receives. Now I know cycling isn't for everyone(or any Americans for that matter), but I think its a little more exciting to watch than 8 hours of fishing followed by another 8 hour block of Sports Soup w/ Junior Seau. That's all i'm saying.

Moving on!

Back to the topic at hand, and I swear I can't be alone in this, but I just can't catch up on tv.  Television just needs to quit making so many god damn good shows that suck my life away. I feel High Quality television programming will be the downfall of our civilization.

Global Warming is officially on notice.  You got nothing on cable television son, you might as well sit your ass down and prepared to get schooled.

Tosh.O, Californication, Shameless, Archer, House, and Holmes on Homes are most of the shows that are ruining my life right now.  I'm just glad football is basically over as that empties out a few hours on my Sunday to possibly have a chance at keeping up to date on my dvr.  Hell, I'd like to be able to carve out a few hours a week to play some freaking xbox again too.  And while I am on the subject, if I could find some time to get some bike riding and hiking in, I'd like that too, thanks!

How does everyone here do it? I'd like to know how full other people's lives are so I don't feel so alone in this crazy mixed up world.  Is there a timeout button I missed somewhere?

1 comment:

  1. Television isn't quality. That's where you're wrong. Television has no real characters. Just character types and standard plot conventions. Television is where film stars go that directors no longer want to work with.

    ReplyDelete