Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mimi's Cafe

Can someone explain this to me? I just don't get it.  What is the appeal of this place? What do old people enjoy about this place that keeps them coming back?

Have you ever seen anyone under the age of 40 who is there of their own accord? I was unfortunate enough to experience the joy that is Mimi's Cafe during my monthly trip to satiate my creators needs to make sure i'm still alive. Walking in, you are immediately greeted by the scent of near death.


Side Note ** Since when did old people start staying out after the street lights came on? **


 Annnywho!

I can only hope I don't get suckered as easily when I am eligible for Social Security.  The classics menu is full of old timey recipes that bring them back to those "good ole days" you always hear them reminiscing about.  I can just imagine getting old and seeing the classics menu of the future featuring double deckers, mission burritos, and orange chicken. Could you really stop yourself from annoying your grand kids for the hundredth time? I'm just not sure I have the self control necessary to be perfectly honest.

So I guess I really should be thanking Mimi's for being a hot zone for geriatrics.  That way when Sunday morning comes rolling around, I'll know exactly what intersection to avoid so I can keep my good driver discount.

2 comments:

  1. Mimi's Cafe? I don't think that's in the top 5 of gummer hot spots. Old people are way more into buffets than Mimi's. At some point in life, we all say to hell with quality; give me quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, perhaps my opinion is a little skewed since the Mimi's Cafe in question is just outside the border of the retirement capitol of The World.

    ReplyDelete